Tuesday, April 12, 2011

love, not obligation


i was talking with a dear friend tonight about relationships and marriage. we were discussing expectation, and how the person you date is the person you marry who is the person they were (mostly) before you ever started dating. haha follow?

expectations are scary things. there are things i do for charlie that i would never evereverever have done without him... however, he doesn't demand them of me... i volunteer them. that's because i love him. he does the same for me.

for instance: i have gone crawfishing with charlie on multiple occasions... because it's so important to him.

charlie has picked blueberries for me (while i sat under a bush in the shade and ate them! :)) because he loves me.

he is also moving to minnesota for me! and will go with me to cooooold places to visit my dear sister and her family.


i have gone fishing with charlie AND gone to grand isle because it's his heart.


and charlie played with poodle puff... well. just because she's cute :) and to impress me.

2 comments:

  1. Yes yes you are a very lucky gal. There are very few marriages that work this way.. Your marriage is an example of what marriage should be, with Jesus right in the center..always be thankful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, while I heartily enjoy the vast majority of your blog posts, I particularly liked this one. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers