Tuesday, April 5, 2011

in case of emergency

i skipped class tonight. it was AWESOME. charlie and i took the puppies for a run through the ponds and spotted the spoonbills again. one of the pairs has lost each other though :( i hope spoonbills have meeting places in case of emergencies.

my dogs bring me so much joy. punkin, who still has a hurt paw :(, runs as furiously as she can to keep up with the other two. she's definitely smiling the whole time, too. she runs and runs and as soon as she catches up, the other two are on to the next thing.

moomoo hops like a kangaroo through the tall grass on the pond embankments. she comes home completely soaking wet, without ever having swum. punkin wants to play with her SO badly, but she is more focused on following rufie.

rufus. that goofy, rufie dog. he chased an opossum, raccoon, and rabbit through the weeds. charlie and i would see said animal run out of the weeds, and rufus would still be sniffing and searching for it. he'd come out a minute later with a victorious smirk on his face like he conquered the creature.

the new picture on my banner ^ is a favorite. i wish it had the whole "family," but i highly doubt we'll ever be able to make the three of them sit still long enough and face the same direction at one time. so punkin will have to do.

i'm having a hard time finding words right now on the only serious thing on my mind, so i guess this will have to suffice.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be honest, last night I read no one's blogs before I wrote mine because I was so tired, and I just wanted to go to bed. I love that you, Ris, and I all wrote about our pets. We're kind of kindred spirits in that we all love them so much. And yes, you better believe we're going to be crazy people when we have actual human children of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of the three of you! Also, help me make my blog cute! I don't understand!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers