Wednesday, April 20, 2011

it's the pms talking

i've been cheating.

i haven't actually posted anything over the past few days... just videos of things. whoops.

i've been thinking a lot lately (i actually think i'm just thinking with my hormones! ha!) i sometimes wish i had more control over my life. for instance, i am excited about the next two years, but at the same time i am really not excited about the debt and hoursandhoursandhours of schoolwork, and starting over again, and the cold (that everyone keeps reminding me of), and leaving friends here and possibly having to spend summers (the most beautiful time in minnesota) away from charlie. i am ALSO extremely not thrilled about the practical side of me that believes i will have to work for at least a couple of years full-time to justify going back to school; meaning it will probably be 4 years before charlie and i can start our family. NOT EXCITED ABOUT THAT.

charlie and i took crawfish to some family friends in slaughter the other day and stayed and visited for a while. my friend's dad was asking us about having kids and i told him our 4-year plan and he laughed and said, "i wouldn't plan too thoroughly, God has a way of changing plans in my experience." which is VERY true. i KNOW it's true. and i really wish planning and being rigid wasn't something i felt like i had to do. but looking at our life and the next few years... i just don't see another way.

part of me wishes that i had figured out a way to become a dietitian in college or that i had just sucked it up and used the past 3 years to work on it... even if charlie and i had to acquire some debt to do so... but how can you really regret those types of decisions? i know everything went like it was supposed to.

2 years is NOTHING in the span of a lifetime... 4 years really isn't that long either...

but right now it kind of feels like forever.

3 comments:

  1. there's always a way, steph!

    There was a school group at Universal whose school initials were PMS. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie,

    I know people mean well with comments about the best laid plans... but I think making a plan is actually a very wise thing to do- especially if you can then try to hold onto to it loosely and release it to the Lord.

    You"re moving way North- just think of all the plans he has for you two that you couldn't even dream of yet!

    When I look at my life in big chunks, I think, oh man, I had no clue- but when I analyze all the planning and preparing I did step by step I see that making plans has helped to get me where I am (which at this moment is typing on my bed :)

    And point for Minnesota- it's near Canada. And Canada is awesome! Just sayin. You'll have to make everyone jealous blogging about the (I assume) nice summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! thanks lauren and nicole! aaaand.. i think that's probably the key... to plan and then release it to God... not fall apart if it changes. aaaand you and susan will have to head up my way (it's only 7 hours from KC) and we can road trip up to canada! i've only crossed the border!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers