Friday, April 8, 2011

beef.

we had a wonderful dinner with some friends tonight in pointe coupee parish. it was fun! (and kind of strange to be with no one i'm related to.. that has happened very rarely in the last few years haha)

i was trying to think of fun little memories/anecdotes from my family growing up. for instance: after we ate chinese food, we'd all crack open a fortune cookie and look at the "lucky numbers"... whoever had the highest number got to drive home (no matter what age!)


here we are at bethel seminary in minnesota. education was always very important to our family. my mom as a teacher... my dad working on his master's degree while we were middle-schoolish and now his doctorate now that we are older... my sister pursuing her doctorate in physical therapy... most of my cousins obtained masters degrees, and we were always encouraged (and rewarded) for doing well in school. it's important to us. i always assumed that i would get an advanced degree at some point in my life. it's hard to balance everything in life as it is, so i'm so thankful i have the opportunity now before life just gets more and more complicated and busy. not that going back to school is NECESSARY... and it's definitely not a money issue (although it gives me peace to know i will be able to provide if the need ever arises)... we're just a family who loves to learn!

1 comment:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers