Monday, May 2, 2011

world events through the eyes of facebook

this is just for me. although i am continually amazed at how vocal people are on facebook. you can see the very distinct line between beliefs. I suppose this shows where i stand on the issue, but here are some quotes i liked:

"
Why should we love our enemies? The first reason is fairly obvious. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction. - Martin Luther King"

"Taken from Ezekiel 33:11 ESV: As I live, declares the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live."
"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles" - Proverbs 24:17"
Dear America, go reread Mark Twain's "War Prayer." Sincerely, Disgusted.

"I am relieved for the sake of those he oppressed, but I can't say that I feel like rejoicing in his death on any level. My friend Bethany said it well, "Not sure how I feel. Another one of God's creation, overtaken and surrendered to sin is dead and eternally separated from the One who died for him. I can't help but think Christ does not see this as a victory. His enemy has claimed another victory. Come Lord Jesus."
"The first time Christ came it was to proclaim the good news, the opportunity for men to be reconciled to their creator. The next time He comes it will be to sift the wheat from the chaff, to separate those who chose Him from those who did not and every man will reap the rewards from his own decision to accept Christ or not. The time in between is a time of God's great love and mercy for mankind as we each make the decision whether we will accept Him or not. Until the end time comes, the Lord's love and grace and mercy are upon all men, sinners and righteous. It's not time yet for judgment of men. And when it is time, the Lord will do it, not us."


I cannot rejoice in this death. MY life is no more valuable than his.

2 comments:

  1. I was about to get on here and write a blog about the same thing..but you have said it way better than I could so I won't. I feel mixed emotions about it, but the scripture is very clear how we should feel.

    In the words of Kody Brown (the sister wives' husband)
    "Love should be multiplied, not divided" haha!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers