Saturday, May 14, 2011

normal

okayokay so i'm avoiding studying for my final. i really just don't care any more. and i can fail it and still make an A, so that's even less motivating. perfect excuse to blog about something i was pondering.

last night i was complaining to charlie about some of the health issues i have and how i'm 24 and shouldn't be dealing with stuff like that yet and how particular i have to be with my diet and sleep and things i can or cannot physically do. it's frustrating. and i bellowed about how i just want to be normal.

but then i started thinking about "normal". there really isn't a "normal" for most things... what i've got to do is come to terms with what is "normal" for me... and then find peace there. i shouldn't compare myself to other people... i should only look at myself and my own strengths and limitations and make that the basis for how i live.

i'm not saying God doesn't do miracles or that He doesn't do exceedingly more with me than i can do on my own... i'm not saying that, so let's not even go there. i'm saying i have to live and be comfortable with my own natural, typical, every-day things. i have to take care of myself on the basis of what my body needs... not on what other bodies need.

okay, now that i've said the same thing 12 times, i suppose this post is finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers