Sunday, May 8, 2011

to mama

Happy Mother's Day, dear Mama!


It is really hard to know where to begin thanking you for everything you've done for me.

For one, you gave birth to me! And were as healthy as possible in order to give me (and you other daughters) the best you could. I only hope I will be as non-complaining and self-sacrificing as you!

You taught us about cultures and read us missionary stories to give us a world view much larger than Russellville, AR. You matched every dollar I saved and scraped together so I could go on my first out-of-the-country missions trip with you and dad to Taiwan. Then there's also all the trips we took together to the Cherokee Nation :) What great memories!

Then, there's all the endless birthday cakes, parties and celebrations!


You were (are) a very brave woman to raise 3 girls! I know we were NOT always easy!!

You were a mediator, peacemaker, and the glue that held us together when we were moody or didn't feel like getting along.



You passed on your love for the beach to all of us! Even to our growing family... I can hear the waves now...

You cheered me on through high school with the trillion things I was involved in...

And then made HUGE sacrifices to cheer me on through college. I can't thank you enough for going back to work so I could get the education (both academic and LSI) I received from JBU. THANK YOU!




The summer I spent at home before our wedding was one of my favorites with you. Thank you for all the hours you spent with me working through every detail of the wedding. Thank you for planting zenias! Thank you for growing grass in planters! Thank you for helping me calm down when things went very, very wrong! And thank you for helping me plan the perfect wedding for Charlie and me.

Thank you for setting forth such a great example of being a mother and a wife! I learned so much from you and am endlessly grateful for the many ways you have shaped me.

You are beautiful, mama! I love you!!



And here's a shout-out to a few of my other favorite mommies:

Maw-Maw... you are the only Grandmother I have ever known... you are classy, beautiful, and caring. I don't know how you keep up with each of your grandchildren AND great-grandchildren! I love you!

Mrs. Annie... thank you for being my Louisiana mom! I can't thank you enough for raising my husband to be such an awesome God-fearing man!

Arisa, you are such a great mom to Nathan and Micah.. I can tell how much they love and look up to you, and they are lucky to have you in their lives!

Crystal, I know you and Nicholas have had to pave the way in many areas in this family, but I am so thankful to have your example of wife and mother!

And finally, my sister, Susan. Happy Mother's Day! I love the example you set as a working mom... when I look at you, I feel like there's nothing I can't do! You are brave, an adventurer, and you stay involved in everything. And you're awfully great with Caleb. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers