Monday, May 30, 2011

confidence

"Thursday, January 06, 2005


Currently Reading
The Catcher in the Rye
By J.D. Salinger
see related


after my sister told me to read "hinds' feet on high places" before
"mountains of spices" ( because a friend is borrowing the first),
i decided to read "the catcher in the rye." it's a book that's been
suggested to me by several friends... i'm glad to finally read it.
i like the holden kid. he talked about how he starts to talk corny
when he's around corny people. isn't it the truth? do you ever do
that? not in a deceitful way like you're trying to hide who you are...
but when you're talking to someone you don't like or you think is
stuck up you'll just kind of go along with them? there are too
many ackley's and stradlater's in the world. who thought i
would read on christmas break? this is my 3rd book in 4 days.
i don't read. i think it's the whole concept of not having to read
for a class... but for me."


i think it's funny that 6.5 years later i just had a very similar
conversation along these lines with arisa and ethan at work.
i was saying how i still get nervous around certain people and
all my insecurities come out and i just start having word vomit...
and things are coming out of my mouth and i have no control
over it and i am just... so... awkward. and a lot of times it's with
people i KNOW. that bring out stuff in me that i didn't think was
there anymore. but then i talk to them, and it's like i revert
back to the way i was years ago. i hate that. but i'm working
on it. confidence stephanie, confidence.

(i also like that the main person suggesting "the catcher in the
rye"was none other than charlie loup :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers