Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Arisa Joy

Happy Birthday Arisa Joy!

It kind of feels like I've known you forever... like you've always been a part of my life. You SO graciously invited me to come and live with you and Ashleigh in Baton Rouge when I graduated from college. I was nervous, but I am so glad I did. You went out of your way to make me feel welcome to Louisiana and to your family. Gustav was also kind of a good bonding experience :)

Then I moved out and married your baby brother...

Then you and Judah got married! And we became Aunts together shortly after. (Although, I suppose we became moms together first when we adopted siblings! haha)


THEN the real fun began as we started working together. Although I am NOT always the most pleasant/happy person at work, I am SO SO glad we had the opportunity to work together. All the memories we've built around CRAZY people... and the slow afternoons and friday field trips... I'm so thankful for that time we've had together. You have been instrumental in my life... a continuous encourager and friend.
You are fun, an AWESOME (step)mom, and loyal to the core. I am really going to miss you over the next two years!! It breaks my heart that I am going to miss out on some really big life changes for you! But I am thankful we have social media and that I know you well enough to bug you every day of your life for details and pictures :)

I love you, Arisa!! Thank you for being my friend! I know this year is going to be awesome, amazing, and full of joy and peace!

2 comments:

  1. waaaaahhh I'm crying now thanks!!!! I'm gonna write you a big sappy and depressing blog when you leave..but I want you to know that you are absolutely NOT unpleasant to work with and I love working with you! We work very well together and we always know what the other person is thinking..and I also feel like I have known you my whole life and I am very sad when I think about you not being here (although, I am SOOOO happy that you get to do what you were born to do!!). I want you to know how much I love and appreciate you and everything that you do..you are always so thoughtful and caring. And you're always there for me when I need someone!! I'm not always the happiest or most pleasant person to be around and I know I have a big mouth and you probly wanna tell me to shutup sometimes, so thanks for being my friend, too!
    I'll stop now :]
    Don't forget to kiss Princess Vega on the side lip (but charlie has to kiss her on her lips!!!!)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I LOOOOVE that pic of us 4 in NRLA..can you print it out for me? We need it in a frame at work! and we should make Ms. Lacey a copy too before she leaves!!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers