Thursday, May 26, 2011

i have bad luck with bridesmaid dresses...

some girls are cursed with really ugly bridesmaid dresses. fortunately, that is not my problem. i've only had one that i wasn't crazy about. i also find it interesting that in every wedding i have been in... the bridesmaid dress is at LEAST as expressive of the bride as the wedding gown.

okay, so you can't see this one very well. but this was the first wedding i was in for some friends right out of high school. i miss them. and unfortunately, i believe this marriage has dissolved.

wedding #2... my sister's. i love this picture. the little guy on the far right wanted to be in a picture with an American couple at a wedding :) but it was also a cute dress.

wedding #3. very elegant.

my own wedding and bridesmaid dress #4 which was a TOTAL disaster where i encouraged girls to buy them cheaply online and they were terrible knockoffs. BIG MISTAKE. i just liked the dress so much and couldn't ask them to pay so much for them (sorry risa :(... i'll pay you back one day!)

so NOW... here comes very exciting wedding number 5. (i hope this isn't terribly unkosher to put pictures of the dress before the wedding...?!) but i have a very dramatic story about it, and now that it's resolved, i just need to get it off of my chest.

SO. wedding is announced... and it's a short engagement! (yay short engagements! i HIGHLY recommend them!!) beautiful bride picks a bridesmaid dress and encourages us to order them PRONTO. the dresses fit the bride's personality perfectly. as they seem to be selling out online and in all locations. i go to baton rouge to anthropologie as quickly as i can... alas. dress is sold out in every size but one (which wasn't even CLOSE to fitting.) the store isn't exactly friendly and doesn't offer to order the correct size for me, but it's okay because i call other bridesmaid friend to see what size she thinks i should order, and go home immediately and order.

i anxiously await my dress.

it comes in the mail about a week later and i try it on... it's a little big, but i think it will work.

a couple days later i decide it's definitely too big and send it back with a request for another dress.

i get nervous and call about my order. they have run out of my size online. she encourages me to cancel my sent order and that she can call around to stores and have my correct size sent to me. i order said dress from her.

a week and a half later i get a terrifying message when i get home from work. all my orders have been canceled because they have run out of my size! i freak out. i have a final in 2 hours, but REALLY need to get this resolved, so i make another phone call. the guy i talk to encourages me to call stores myself and beg.

i call 4 stores, get put on hold multiple times, but FINALLY find a dress in berkley, CA!!

HALLELUJAH!

a week and a half later, my dress comes in. and fits PERFECTLY!


i know it's not a great picture.

shoes are cute, too! (i'm wearing heels! eek!)


also... i love punkin :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love Pernky too. And don't you ever think that you have to pay me back! I was so upset that a stupid website would have those knockoff dresses! (the one I ordered didn't fit, anyway..so I had to order a new one regardless!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! Steph!!! Sorry about sooo much drama!! :) yikes! (But, glad it all worked out....and if worst came to worst, I saw a girl wearing the dress at church the other sunday, so I literally would have just hunted her down and stolen it from her closet.) :)

    You look SO CUTE in it!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers