Sunday, March 17, 2013

somethin bout a truck

We went to the farm this morning because Charles had to work. I love going out there. I probably like going out there a little *too much* on a Sunday morning. It's just so peaceful. And simple.

Somewhere along the way I became a country girl.  Who would have guessed?

The farm just got 200 baby chicks in. They're all going to grow up to be brown hens.


Except for her :) My fave.


The baby chicks under their heat lamps



So last March was the warmest one on record. We had an all-time record of
like 68 degrees on March 15th last year. This year? Psh. It's still the middle of winter.
Snow every day. Highs in the 20's or low 30's. COME ON SPRING!
The greenhouse. 


Sun? Is that you?
\


It was like 60 degrees in there!


A happy, hard working employee




PLANTS!


GREEN plants!


The farm


More farm.


More farm


More snow and more farm


More farm


An educational sign on the farm services


Isn't Minneapolis pretty?


Also. Today was bath day in the Loup house.
Pernkie always shivers for hours and hours after a bath.
So I roll her up like a burrito.
Until she dries :) 

1 comment:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers