Sunday, March 24, 2013

3.24.13

Ashleigh's story reminds me of the last time I went canoeing.  It was in college and it was the most terrifying thing I have maybe ever done. Ever.

Similar situation.  The water was high, the wind was blowing super hard. Aaaaand it was actually really cold. We were all wearing flannel shirts and jeans to keep warm.  Right when we started off, another 2 people in a canoe thought it would be funny to ram their canoe into the side of ours.  We tipped.  So in the first 10 minutes I was drenched in icy-cold water. In 50 degree air.  That was only tip #1.

Number 2 was scary, but I bobbed back up.

Number 3 was a life-flash-before-your-eyes kind of moment when I also got stuck underwater between the rapids and a big rock.  I think I could have died.

We may have tipped more than that.

I don't canoe any more.

ALSO.  THIS happened today!!























Susan and I did a photoshoot with baby Asher.  It was so fun. Hopefully we'll learn how to edit photos and be able to post some soon!  He's so precious.

Okay. Homework time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers