Sunday, March 3, 2013

Grateful

I talked Charlie into renting Breaking Dawn Part 2 tonight.  Am I crazy for thinking it was the best of the 5-movie series?  I kind of liked it...? :/  Except when the Volturi leader laughed. TOO creepy. You probably don't remember that part, but it was very frightening.

God has been doing a lot of work over here. In me and Charlie. I'm pretty excited to see what happens over the next few years (and our lifetime).  Maybe I should tell a quick testimony.

God spoke to us quite a while ago about giving a -little- bit of money to some people we really believe in--people who are going through a life transition. They are following God, but it's going to cost them financially.  So, when we found out about it, we felt like God asked us to sow into what they are doing.  WELL... to be honest, we were financially scared to do it. So we didn't.

Until we finally did.

And you know how God works. It's like you can't out-give him.  We had started working on our taxes a while back and got discouraged because we weren't getting really anything back again this year (just enough to cover the cost of filing taxes). Then we wrote a check to these people we love.  Then we finished up our taxes (the next day) and are suddenly getting back more than we sowed.

Isn't he crazy like that?  It was just such a good reminder to me to do what he says do. (And to do it the first time he asks!) He takes care of us (even when he doesn't directly give us back more than he asks us to give).

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah. He is def crazy like that! Love my Daddy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm the only part of that movie I remember is the laugh.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers