Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Jewelry Tip

I did a lot of work on my masters project today!  Yay spring break with your uninterrupted periods of time. How weird am I that I'm excited just because I can have longer work sessions?  haha NERD.
Not really.  I'm just ready to finish this part of my education. Hopefully I will have less than 35 edits to this next paper. :/ If I do, I'm sending it to my dad :) I'll probably send it to him anyhow. He's a master.

Okay friends. I have an amazing jewelry cleaning trick for you.  I bought some fancy-looking jewelry cleaner from Bed, Bath and Beyond only to be EXTREMELY disappointed that I was exposing myself to who knows what all kind of nasty chemicals and it did NOTHING to my jewelry. NOTHING.

BUT. Try this:

Heat 1 cup of water in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Pour this into a bowl that has foil cut out to cover the bottom of the bowl.
Add 1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon dish soap

Add your jewelry for 10ish minutes, and voila!

I'm telling you.  I had a few tarnished silver necklaces and they are as good as new.  I was amazed.  I finally get to wear my locket again. And it's about as natural of a solution as you could get.

Does anyone else have any natural cleaning tips to share?

1 comment:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers