Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bus Rides

I love bus rides.
It's the closest I come to living in the South.

Well, parts of it.  It's like putting the South into the inner city.  Which is a pretty amazing combo.

TODAY:

1) I saw a 300-400 pound cross-dresser who looked exactly like Pink. Well.  As close as she could come.

2) There was a woman behind me who had her daughter (maybe 4 or 5 years old?) sitting across the isle from her.  The mom's monologue directed at her cute little daughter went a little something like this:
"You go-on embarrass yo-self on dis bus. Set yo ass down.  If I hafta come ova theeeeeya, they goin' have ta call the pole-ice on me. It's too early in tha mernin' fur alla dat."  Because the daughter was hot on the bus and wanted to take her coat off.

3) And then a man sat down in front of me who would start to laugh hysterically (into the air. at nothing) every once-in-a-while.  When he exited the bus, he stepped into the traffic and crossed the street.  Lucky man didn't get hit.

Yep.  It's like being back in New Roads.  Just all contained in one enclosed space.

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! I want to go ride the bus now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming back for another visit only to ride the bus.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers