Sunday, March 31, 2013

He is Risen

He is risen, indeed!

I feel obligated to write a profound Easter post.
Today I got tired of jargon.  I'm not even sure if I can write a post without using it.  How can I express what God means to me without sounding cliche or religious?

He makes my life exciting... the way He unfolds it bit by bit in just the dose I can handle it in.

He knows EVERYTHING about me. Past. Present. Future. So He's really the only one who always knows exactly how I feel and why. That's so comforting to me. Because I know how deeply He cares for my pain, loneliness  sorrow, disappointments and how much He celebrates my joys and dreams and passions.

And then, there's how He leaves me little surprises... little secrets... little things that only He and I would understand. Sometimes through bible verses. Sometimes through money. Sometimes through text messages I get from people. Sometimes through a crazy person on the bus. Sometimes through a thought He'll give me. Whenever this happens, I smile (or even softly laugh out loud) a little.

I guess today I just felt like my life is built on that fateful event that occurred all those years ago. Because He conquered sin and death, my life can be rebuilt.  Am I starting to sound "religious" yet? Because I don't mean it. What He did is so much a part of my life. Every day. It's not something I just think about once a year. It's entwined in everything. EVERYTHING.

Thank you, Jesus for how you changed everything. For everyone.

2 comments:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers