Tuesday, March 6, 2012

perspective

50 degrees is so nice!! I took off my coat (outside) today!

Also, I need to print a retraction of yesterday's blog post. 
1) We're not under the poverty line. I did bad math.
2) God has provided for us in some pretty unbelievable ways over the last year. You'd think my faith would have grown a little more by now.
3) Before I opened our tax statement, I read a letter from the director of the program our Compassion child in Nicaragua is a part of. Melvin lives in Managua and faces gangs and drug deals and so much poverty and danger every day. So while I may  be frustrated, I need to put things into perspective a little. 



Look how precious he is! His father is a driver, but is not always employed. His mother also does not have work. But he's going to school, making good grades, taking care of his siblings, and loving Jesus. Perspective is a good thing.


1 comment:

  1. I hope that weather stays for a few more weeks!!!!! Annnnnd don't feel bad Steph! Before you know it, you'll be done with school and will be making big girl monies!! And then you can take me on vacation with you and charlie and let us live in your big mansion andand let me grocery shop in your garden and then we can become those crazy coupon people who have binders of coupons and then become crazy hoarders and then we can send every thing we save in your huge 5 car garage to Melvin.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers