Tuesday, March 20, 2012

coffee

I have some really nice girls in my program. In fact, I really love each and every one of them... they're all different and have different past experiences and different passions... but we're all united around the ideas of helping people and loving nutrition.

Our program shares a strength and a weakness.. it's very involved. There are a million different things you can be involved in... and each of us in the program has a slightly different version of that. Some semesters, everything falls in place perfectly for students, and some semesters are more stressful for others.

This semester, the girls who seem the most stressed actually seem to have the most rooted lives here in the Twin Cities. They are pulled in 300 different directions with family, friends, events, parties, etc etc etc. I DEFINITELY miss people.. but I haven't really had that overwhelming sense of loneliness up here. I know Charlie gets a little lonely sometimes, but I think that's mostly when it's cold outside and the only people he sees are his coworkers... and me. Staring at my computer.  I think it's kind of actually really nice that I'm removed from "real life" while I'm in school. It would be SO HARD to keep up with... everything. There's never a day or week or time when I don't have homework of some sort to do. When I take breaks it's because I choose to. I can't imagine keeping on top of everything here and having a.. life, too! Poor Charlie putting up with me and all this. At least we have two loving (and very needy) babies.

I hope saying all this doesn't make me sound like I don't miss anyone or want to go to one of my homes. Because I can't WAIT to see two of you this weeeeeekend!!! And I am already praying for a summer miracle so I can go to Calen and Ginger's wedding this summer (and maybe even get to stay for a week with Charlie?!) I hate that it's almost been a year! That's just crazy.  I need some more Galbos in my life, too! I'm thankful for some many supportive people in my life!

On a slightly different note... my coffee tastes sour?! Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. It can't be sour if you're drinking community!! :) I totally understand how you feel and I know you aren't saying that you don't miss us! I can't wait for this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time when I lived at my parents' house I though my coffee tasted bitter, then I realized I was drinking coffee with chicory! You sure there wasn't a mix-up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so... it was the last of the community coffee Jim sent us a while back. I kept it in the basement to keep it cool.. but maybe it's just getting old? I think it was Medium roast? (And I thought it could be my milk, so I tried it without, but it was worse!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone wishes that they didnt have a ton of distractions at one time or another...even if they are loved ones or awesome people that they love to hang out with ;P
    I bet it's kinda nice!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers