Thursday, March 8, 2012

it snowed this morning

what the heck, minnesota?! get with the program.

It's summer everywhere else in the world! well... probably not, but I just want a little sunburn! Is that too much to ask for?
Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I am helping the school district I am working with acquire a new dishwasher to replace a 21 year old machine in one of their elementary schools.  I had a meeting Monday morning with one rep and a meeting with a rep from another company on Wednesday. Both meetings went pretty well, and I felt like I held my own (for not really knowing much about industrial equipment). But it was very obvious to me that rep #1 did NOT appreciate meeting with a student intern. He was condescending and tried to give me a "Teachable moment"... (what?!) and emailed me stating he'd like to meet with my adviser to go over the figures he put together. Even though I asked him to get the information to me so I can disseminate it like they asked me to.

I AM just an intern. I know that. BUT my preceptors gave me this assignment. And trust me to do it. And don't really have time to meet with people all the time... they're very busy women. AND the other rep never seemed aggravated or inconvenienced to be meeting with an intern. In fact, he was quite nice to me as a salesperson should be. So I kindly (I hope) let rep #1 know that if he wants a meeting with her he can contact her to set one up, but that I'd still like to get the information I asked for from him so I can put it together like the school district asked me to. Rep #1... I'm not rooting for you to win this bid. You shouldn't treat people differently based on their title. Especially if they're the ones handling the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers