Saturday, March 17, 2012

Busy day

Today was very.... "us". It's St. Patty's Day, and Charlie and I contemplated going to downtown St Paul to participate in all the festivities since buses let you ride for free (so you don't have to drive or find a place to park) and it's AMAZING weather, so the parade and everything this year was supposed to be great.
We contemplated it for a while... but. Let's face it. That's not really "us". So we had our own festivious day.

We started by cleaning. Which was actually kind of nice. We opened all the windows and you can hear the birds chirping outside and see squirrels all over the place. And, as Charlie put it, "Minnesotans are like BUGS. They come out from everywhere when it gets warm!" That made me laugh. I must be like a bug, too because I can't get enough of this. 

I think this blog is going to be very long. Maybe I should split it in half? Maybe not. We'll see. 

We then decided that it was Pernkie's lucky day because it's been so warm for so long. BTW... we are having record-breaking heat up here! The last time it was this warm in March it was 1930. And then it was 71degrees. We got up to 79 yesterday! This is apparently May and June weather! If this hangs on till then.. I'm just gonna be the happiest little country bumpkin that ever lived in the Great White North. 

SO we shaved Pernkie and she is SO CUTE. Our little bear in pajamas. 
Charlie and I had a nice lunch together after some more Spring cleaning, and then ran a few errands. Then we took the doggies back to that dog park. I'll post the videos and pictures tomorrow. WE HAD THE BEST TIME! We were the only people there (because the waitress from Dino's left with her boyfriend and dog after we got there.) And we tramped down through the park to the wetlands area. From just 2 weeks ago everything has completely melted and there were ducks and canadian geese everywhere. Charlie found an old tennis ball, so he and Rufus had a great time playing. PUNKIN WAS WILD. I hope the videos show up clear enough for you to see 1) how muddy she was, 2) how happy she was, 3) how many times she slipped, and 4) her one big nose dive into the lake. We had so much fun. 

We came home, bathed the puppies, I painted my toenails a bright blue color (I got myself a new shade to celebrate the weather), and we started cooking. And we cooked everything. EVERYTHING. 

Here, let me show you:

Asian Slaw with Ginger peanut dressing.. it's GOOD! And my lunch for the week.

Chocolate hummus, which is pretty good and going to be the icing for....

Black bean cake!! (I'm sorry! I had to test it out in case it's nasty!)

And Charlie is WILD right now and on a king cake kick, and he is going to make cinnamon rolls outta this

And while we had every dish we own dirty, we thought we'd go ahead and make supper. Charlie even made the gravy from the chicken stock. We worked hard today, and this meal really hit the spot.

Happy to be close to eating.
See? We had a most wonderful day that reflects Charlie and I so well. But if you made it reading this far, good for you! You get 10 gold stars! :)

2 comments:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers