Friday, May 31, 2013

expectations




The dog room, formally our box-of-a-bedroom has a great view of our backyard. Right now it's completely green and shaded and the wind is softly blowing through. it's quite nice. I love watching the ripples of shadows across the grass as the wind moves the trees. Something's been falling from the trees that remind me of little tiny green helicopters. I'm not sure what they are. I've also never seen so much fall from trees in the spring. But I guess that's because I've not experienced too many real springs.

I finished Great Expectations. It was just as weird and I remember it being in 9th grade, but I think I appreciated it more. This is really all I remembered about it beforehand:

Good ole Miss Havisham
























I'm in a strange mood today. Kind of pensive. Kind of dreading that this is my last TRUE week off. I really like real time off. It's been good. And lazy. I like lazy.

The other day I asked Charlie if it would ever make sense for me to work with him part-time on the farm. We were talking about this awesome girl one of his friends knows who drives a tractor and has her own sugar-cane land. She makes 6 digits. So I asked him if it would ever make sense for me to work with him.
He laughed at said, "welllllllllll you're sort of a girly-girl..... soooooo"

He's right. I'd never last working outside in 100degree weather weeding and being dirty. But I do like the idea of working with him. I really like helping with the chickens when I go to work with him. I could probably get used to it and start reaching under the hens for eggs instead of just getting eggs from the empty boxes. I could probably feed them or empty their water bins or something. probably. you think?

I have to be honest. I'm nervous about being a real dietitian nutritionist! nervous! What if I'm actually not good at it? Just let me stay home with Charlie. If he gets to stay home, I should too. I'll feed the ducks and chickens and dogs. That's practically what I've spent two years and entirely too much money on, right?!

4 comments:

  1. Well, you probably SHOULD use your degree...but farm life sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all I remember about Great Expectations as well! Ha!
    Annnnd I'm preeettttyyy sure if we shared a field, we could prob have our own crop. And then we could show Charlie and my dad that girls can work too! I mean, if the whole dietician nutritionist doesn't work out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt JOyce and Uncle Leroy's granddaughter Jessica married a country boy. She is a beautiful girly girl just like you and has a master's degree also in her field. They have chickens, etc. and she helps with them and other farm chores as well. I think he also has another job, but they live on family land and do lots of farm stuff there. It'll be a great way for ya'll to stay connected as a team :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll start with getting the eggs from underneath the hens. But I think as a farmer's wife you'll be an excellent helper and hell, maybe you'll stick your butt in the air diggin for a treat like a coonass :)

    Aaaaand you know everyday before work you're to let the ducks out so they can follow you around as you march along.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers