Wednesday, April 4, 2012

two-a-days

(Just because I'm avoiding Epidemiology homework).

I love the Hunger Games. The books even more than the movies. Sure, they're written for young adults... but they're so deep. There's so much going on in them on top of character and plot development. I just think they're fantastic.  I, personally, enjoy books with social commentary in them.
I just read a quote from Jennifer Lawrence about how she resonates with Katniss. She said we have such a strange craze for reality TV now... and it's getting kind of scary. "I was watching the Kardashian girl getting divorced, and that's a tragedy for anyone. But they're using it for entertainment, and we're watching it. The books hold up a terrible kind of mirror: This is what our society could be like if we became desensitized to trauma and to each other's pain."



Well said, Katniss imeanJennifer.

(ALSO on a small sidenoterant. You people out there who think Jennifer Lawrence is "too fat" to play Katniss are disturbed people. Have you said anything about Peeta? Or Gale? ALL we need in life is a few more emaciated women as role models.) (That last sentence is sarcasm.) (Even if they were starving in District 12... she is actually pretty much exactly like I imagined her to look.)

2 comments:

  1. That is a really well-said quote! And I totally agree with you. Actually the first thing when I thought while watching the movie was...'wow..this chick is gorgeous and normal all at the same time' and it was really nice and refreshing to see. I think she is amazing and I want to punch those critics in the eye sockets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People I guess forgot that she was able to provide for her family in the books. Plus, she did lots of physical activity to keep her physically fit. AND MY GOODNESS, THE GIRL IS NOT FAT. And I love the quote. And I love you.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers