Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Today is cold.

Brrrrr. I hate being cold. Good thing this was the warmest winter on Minnesota record. Or else we would have been in trouble.

I'm pretty sure next winter we won't be so lucky. I think Charlie is going to have to go crawfish for December-February.

I set up my appointment with Congressman Alexander today. Eeek :/ I'm nervous! I better start practicing my speech! (I ALSO probably need to work on my Cajun a little so he believes I'm from the South. No one here does...? SOO if THEY don't... there's no way he will.) I'll just throw in words like "OOo Sha" and "Crawfish" and "OOwa Lort".  Do you think that will convince him? haha

I didn't study AT ALL for a test I had this morning. I'm glad I didn't study. It wouldn't have helped me. It was open note. Yep. I could tell Charlie was concerned I kept avoiding studying.

I had to leave SPAM in a recipe I was trying to make healthier (I didn't actually MAKE it... just analyze a before and after). But sick. Seriously sick. It's apparently a Minnesota food! So an egg is one ounce of meat. One egg has 7 grams of protein. TWO ounces of SPAM only has 7 grams of protein. To me... that says the other half is fat and salt. I just threw up in my mouth.

I'm making some headway with my summer plans! I've officially asked if I can come to the Louisiana wedding... cross your fingers, yall! I'm really hoping they let me have the whole week!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers