Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Public Policy trip to DC

So, I just got back from my trip to DC. I attended a Public Policy Workshop for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. It was a -great- trip!

Four girls from my program were sent on a training grant--we decided to go early Saturday morning to sight-see!

The Washington Monument is currently closed to go to the top of it, but it was still fun to see!

We're thinking there are 50 flags around it

I found Louisiana at the WWII monument... there were so many veterans there!

A star for each fallen soldier

Another view

The MLK monument was pretty incredible... 

I wish we could all better live (and live better) by his words...

I really felt God here!


The MLK monument is incredible... but the Lincoln Memorial is just... so powerful!

We did about 12 miles of walking this day... but I finally got to see the White House!

I apparently didn't take ANY pictures at the conference except this one... whoops? But this is Secretary of Ag Tom Vilsack... he was an awesome speaker!

Me and my Louisiana Dietitians in front of the Capitol!


Inside of one of the Congressional Buildings

As part of the conference, we had a day on the hill to advocate for some issues particularly relevant to dietitians! Here we are with Congressman Dr. Fleming of Louisiana 

And here with Congressman Landry of Louisiana 

And here with my Congressman! Representative Alexander

And there ends my trip to Washington, DC!

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I'm guessing Congressman Landry is the one from Acadiana? I can tell because you are standing oh so close to him :)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers