Saturday, March 26, 2011

slippery slope

welll... this is probably the latest i've ever written a blog in my entire life. haha maybe it counts as tomorrow (sunday) but i feel like i want to stick with this commitment. we went out for lacey's birthday, and it was fun! charlie and i really don't ever go out, but it was just fun to do something different.

since i'm tired, here's what i was doing (almost) tonight in 2006

"so last night i was at wal-mart. i had looked all over fayetteville earlier than night for something to wear to my sister's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, and had no luck. so i went to wal-mart, of all places, to find a skirt. and i did. a cute pink one. melissa was brilliant and found me a nice necklace to go along with it... but it unfortunately didn't have a price-tag on it.
rachel told me that the night before she bought something without a price tag and got to tell the woman how much she wanted to pay for it... and this was from an older lady. so my terrible, non- integritous self looked down the isles for an old woman. when i spotted one, i jumped in her line. she had a name tag that said "over 10 years of quality service." after she scanned my other stuff she picked up the necklace, looked for a bar code, and couldn't find one.
"hun, there's no bar code on this."
"i know... i'm sorry!" she then looked at me as if she were trying to figure out what to do.
"does it go with the skirt?" she asked.
"no ma'am." she then looked at me very puzzled again. finally, after MUCH thought, she said
"i think it goes with the skirt... it's a belt!" she took a look around, shoved it in my bag, leaned over the counter and said "DON'T say a WORD!"
i'm having a moral dilemma. when i told michael he gave me a highfive, said "that's AWESOME" and told me i was giving walmart what they deserve.
nicole told me that i would be one of those youth group videos where they pause it and say "what should stephanie do?" and then they play the rest of the scene and say "don't be like stephanie! she steals! she'll NEVER get into heaven."
susan said i should report it to the russellville walmart and offer to pay.
melissa told me that my story beat rachel's.
pfht. i feel like i should feel worse than i do about it. maybe i'm on a slippery-slope downward ;)"

1 comment:

  1. hahaha hands down, the best post EVER!!!!! I love how much of a moral dilemma this was for you..I loled for real..I'm not just typing it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers