Wednesday, March 9, 2011

march on!

now that we've kind of announced (more like threw it out there) that we're moving to minnesota, i've pretty much repeatedly received two responses.

1. it's COLD. "did you know it's cold up there?" (even though... i have yet to meet anyone who has BEEN to minnesota before.) (i have been to minnesota in the summer before, and it's lovely.) (and yes, i watch the weather. it's above the mason-dixon line. of course it's going to be cold.)

and 2. what is charlie going to do?

maybe i have done a really poor job of expressing myself and how passionate i am about public health nutrition... or just nutrition in general. maaaaaaybe everyone loves my husband so much they can't think about anything other than the fact that he won't be here for the next 2 years. maybe i'm a little bit selfish (probably more than a little) and most definitely sensitive.

i guess it kind of hurts my feelings that this is the majority of the responses i have received. (thank you if you are not one of them.) i even had one family member tell me i got into the program because no one else would move up there to go to school.

i probably AM too sensitive. i guess part of me feels like since i have halted my life for the past 3 years, left my family, moved down here and supported charlie through school, that i should get a turn. and maybe that people would see that and understand it.

God FLUNG the doors open for me getting into this program. He was with me every step of the way, including speaking to Charlie's little Louisiana heart about us doing this. He's going to be okay. i have been telling myself for the last 3 years that if God has me down here, He's got something for me, too... not just Charlie. and it's the same for this move. God's got something there for Charlie, too. he's going to find a job, meet some country farmers who love hunting and fishing... and he's going to be okay.

iiiiin other news, i went to my first mardi gras parade! it was very rainy, but i think it made the whole experience more memorable. the parades marched on!



we also went to grand isle a few weeks ago:

the boat didn't work, so we didn't get to go fishing :(
but we still had an awesome time! the oil is all cleaned up and the island is beautiful!

6 comments:

  1. Aw Steph! I'm sorry if I was one of those people..But I really will miss y'all! I'm not meaning that I don't want you to pursue your dreams-I know you want to do this more than anything and you shouldn't let anything stop you! But I'm gonna miss both of you sooo much!
    (Maybe thats me being a little selfish too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and people probably say "it's cold" bc crazay people from Louisiana don't know what else to say :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I am one of these people or not, but I second Arisa! We love you both and are very happy that you are getting this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nonono! neither one of you! i'm pretty sure you both said "congratulations" and "we'll miss you" :) you don't have to be -excited- we're moving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie-

    Good.for.you. I am a full supporter of an equal opportunity marriage :) Charlie is quality.

    However, it will most definitely be cold. Denver would have been a better choice!

    Nicole

    p.s. no, i've never been to minnesota :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Mason Dixon Line seperates America from Yankees, It has nothing to do with Minnesota i. e. Canada

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers