Tuesday, March 29, 2011

bean

hmmm.

i planted beans today. (oh, wait... that was charlie.)

today really wasn't very eventful... just work and class.

this is so random and silly... but i decided why i hate it when people play a whole bunch of random songs (and don't even finish playing the song) on an iphone or ipod or something. now.. i am no music expert. i fall behind on bands and couldn't tell you the name of albums or the artists themselves. i don't know when they tour. i've never even really been that crazy about the radio (with the recent exception of pandora with stations designed just for the mood i'm in.)

ANYWAYS, i love lots of different kinds of music, and feel like, with good musicians, the album should be listened to as a whole. the songs are individual, but the album is pieced together in such a way that it is most effective and appreciated when it is listened to together. good artists put songs in certain orders for a reason. it is cohesive. i HATE listening to 30 seconds of this song and 1 minute of that song that don't go together or even get to be completed. it's like... reading a paragraph out of a chapter out of the middle of a book with no context.

i'm so weird.

4 comments:

  1. I never thought about it like that! But it makes perfect sense. One time I was watching a special on people who make gourmet chocolates, and this one chef was so annoyed by people who nibble this part off and then eat that part (like I do with a Reese's peanut butter cup). He made a point that the reason they're so wonderful is because they were created so that the flavors would work that way together. And I've since thought of all food that way. But never music. Not until just now. :) (Although I'll probably still listen to songs in a shuffled manner. I'm just a weirdo.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I also listen to songs in a crazy way...it drives Nic crazy! i like this analogy, ash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judah goes cray cray when I ever put my ipod on shuffle..his brain simply can't handle it..like his head explodes. I do like to listen to whole cd's..or at least whole songs! You should tell this to Ethan..when we listen to a song, it can be not even half way through and he's ready for a new song. boy can't commit to anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and sometimes i'm in the mood for shuffle, too.. but in general... i think i appreciate the music most when i listen to an album from start to finish. (and YES... ethan loves to listen to 30 second segments of the most RANDOM songs!)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers