Tuesday, March 22, 2011

bear hunt


sorry, i'm obsessed with this picture. risa, susan, and crystal, you are ALL welcome to have more boys. look at him! look at fox! look at nathan and micah. so many cute boys in my family! and you all have to tide me over for the next 4 years until i am allowed to have children :)

i think this is absolutely the hardest thing in charlie and my marriage. i feel like no matter what we do, we're going to lose. it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to live near all of our family members. impossible. caleb turns 6 months old on saturday, and i have only seen him on two different occasions. family is something that brought charlie and i together... it is something we both value at the top of our lists along with God... and... it's impossible for us to live close to everyone.

i can't imagine our children not knowing both sets of grandparents. since i didn't have any grandparents, from the time i was little (and sat alone on grandparents day at our school) i promised myself that my children would KNOW my parents.. have a relationship with them... spend lots of time with them. be a part of their lives. and of course i want that for my children with their other set of grandparents (and aunts and uncles and cousins on both sides.) God is going to have to work a miracle for this to happen. and the thought of it NOT happening, breaks my heart. i think about it every.single.day. my prayer is that we could find a way to live two places. this is SO important to me. and SO important to charlie. how, oh how, God, will you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers