Monday, March 21, 2011

meow

i'm having a harder time coming up with things to blog about.

my mom and stacy left this afternoon. it was so refreshing having them here. there's nothing like being with your family. (sometimes i feel weird saying that, because i know i have family here... and i'm definitely thankful for that... it's just... there's nothing like being with your mama and your sister.)

frisky LOVED my mom. LOVED. sat by her wherever she was... played with her sandle and tennis shoe (no one else's)... was sitting on her bed when my mom came back to the room after she got up in the middle of the night... tried to cough her hairball up on her... and finally, hid in the car's engine right before mom and stacy left. she was definitely trying to hitch-hike to russellville. it's funny because my mom hates cats and didn't even pet frisky once while she was here. i think frisky (with the exception of charlie) only loves people who despise her.

punkin has been limping ever since we went to grand isle. she doesn't yelp or pull her paw away when i feel her leg to see if there's a tender spot. so i'm guess it's just inflammation in the joint? does anyone know what to give a dog for that? we're not letting her play outside to rest it, and it's killing her. i love my little side-kick.

i was talking to charlie about side-kicks last night.. and sometimes i feel like that's the role i've played a lot in my life... a side-kick to someone else. i'm sure it's tied into my second-born issues... but i've just been thinking about it lately. i read an old journal from a few years ago where my best friend told me that i went from being cynical, independent, and solid in high school to dependent, fragile, and emotionally dynamic in college. when i think about it... i don't even know why... i can't pinpoint anything. but i see truth in that. i think i'm trying to find my way back to middle ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers