Sunday, March 13, 2011

stephanie galli

my dad called me the other night. he said he had a letter for me.

"dear stephanie galli,
we are excited to inform you that you have been selected to attend our leadership banquet based on your academic and leadership accomplishments at out lady of the lake college." etc. *

i'm so glad that they finally recognized my abilities after getting rejected by their nursing program :) i called them to say that if stephanie galli was a real person, they should probably contact her, assuming she'd like to go to a banquet and be recognized for her accomplishments. the lady i talked to at the lake was confused, but said she'd try to hunt stephanie galli down. way to represent stephanie g's, miss galli. but hooooow did they send that letter all the way to arkansas and not wonder if they had the right person? also.. WHY do they still have my address?

i would be a terrible nurse. it was the grace of God i didn't get into that program.

i've been following beth moore's blog (LOVE IT!)
she has a challenge to memorize 24 verses over the course of the year. i love that she encourages us to keep it short and sweet... not to try to tackle half a chapter... just something brief that we can hold close to our hearts and bring to mind as weapons against... life!
it has been SO good for me so far. i'm actually amazed at how often my 2 verses for the month SO pertain to what i'm thinking about and dealing with. i call them to mind OFTEN.

one of my favorites is: "How lovely are your dwelling places, oh Lord of Hosts! My flesh and my heart sing for joy to the living God!" ps 84:1-2 i think of this verse when i'm frustrated with other people or... frustrated with myself. we are dwelling places of the living God! and we are LOVELY!

does anyone have a suggestion for my next verse? it starts up on the 15th!


*letter may be a fabricated rendition of the actual letter received.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers