Saturday, February 4, 2012

I have a 5 page paper to write..

Therefore, my house is cleaner than usual and I am blogging again.
I'm glad the world knows Charlie watches the Bachelor now :) My life is complete.

AActually... while I AM sucked into this season, I always have tons of thoughts about the show and why I'm watching it and why it's so popular and never seems to stop.  I kind of think it's addicting like Sister-Wives is addicting.  (If you don't know about Sister-Wives, it's a show about a Mormon family... a man with 4 wives and tons of kids.)  The Bachelor is kind of the same.  All the girls are friends (or enemies) and live in the same house... and kiss the same man... and "love" (READ:obsessed with) the same man.. and are trying to figure out which one of them he loves the most.  ACTually doesn't sound so different or less twisted than Sister-Wives.
Yet I keep watching.


BFF's.  All hangin' out together.  WEIRD.

I think it takes three kinds of love to make it... not going to crazy-romantic-someone-else-planned-it dates and calling that being in love.
You have to have Friendship love.  You have to be able to sit on the couch together and have a great time just... being together.  Friendship is a great foundation.
Then, you have to have Commitment love.  No matter what, come what may, you're sticking together.
And lastly, you have to have "Romantic Love".  That's one of the very special parts about being married! It's a connection that is hard to break.

When you don't feel like being friends or you're mad at each other, your commitment and romantic love can get you through.  When temptations come, the fact that you are friends with your spouse and romantically involved can keep you from making big mistakes.  And when you don't feel romantic... your friendship and commitment can get you through.

And we wonder why couples from the Bachelor (or in Hollywood) don't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers