Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to You!

Today is my big-sister's birthday! Happy Birthday, Susan! 


Susan, you have always been such a great role-model for me.  I supposed from the time I was born.  It probably wasn't fair that you had to pave the way, but I'm very thankful for that. I'm thankful for all of the good decisions you made that made it easier for me to follow-suit, and have such a good example of what being a good daughter, sister, student and friend looked like.

I'm also so thankful we moved past our hating-each-other-stage (which you could never tell happened from this picture :)) While it may have caused some tension at times, it was definitely such a blessing to be close in age and to get to share so many experiences together.  (We only fought because we were so close.)

Like high school and JBU! Those were such special times... I'm so thankful that, even if we have to live far apart during times of our lives, that we had those bonding experiences. Like when you told me you loved Alan at La Hacidena Dos. Or going to Brookhill together and spending all of Big Lake on the dock playing card games. Or going to get Shakeys EVERY day after track until we didn't have any money left. Or, participating in every track event except the 100-m and 4x100 between the two of us. Or our many car-rides in Maggie. Or mud-fights on the JBU intramural field. Or that time I told you I was engaged (but it was April Fool's day.) You were so supportive. Even when I was playing jokes on you :)  "Oh wow! That's... greeeat... Maaaaybe you should come over and we can talk about it...?"


Sisters are the best. (P.S. Our style was impeccable. Fanny Packs. Glasses. Backwards hats. Yep.)


 We are a blessed family.

You are such a beautiful Mama!  I LOVE watching you with Caleb... you are calm, patient, loving, and his cheerleader.  He's SO lucky to have you as a mom. I'm thankful I'll have you to come to for advice when Charlie and I reach that stage in our life.

 You're inspirational!  You've always had such a heart for the world and I know that has influenced me greatly.  Even your adventure project fundraiser speaks to your love for people and justice.  God has done so many great things through you, and I know he will continue to the rest of your life!  I love you so much, Susie! I pray this is an amazing year for you and your family!

Give the gift of clean water! to Susan's Charity!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that every year you post the picture where you have a mustache. Happy Birthday, Susan!! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers