Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oh Lord, You're Beautiful





this may actually be a common practice, but we did something in Church i had never done before.  we were taking communion together... and when it came time to thank Christ for his body, we actually physically broke the bread (which was a wafer).  maybe this is symbolism i have always missed when we tore bread off of a loaf... but it was powerful for me! i have never considered that before as a physical act: to acknowledge that we were both a part of Christ's breaking and, ourselves, very broken.

Oh, Lord, you're beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I was confused by everyone cracking the wafer that I almost dropped mine when I decided I should crack it also. And since I have never had a wafer before that was also confusing because I didn't know if it melted in your mouth or you had to chew it. I also thought about the symbolism.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers