Wednesday, October 26, 2011

hungry for the hunger games

 dorkiest title ever.  i'm so clever.

what do i have to say?
 best books ever.  LOVED them.  couldn't put them down.  so good.
 

aaaaand they're making a moooovie!  march 23rd, 2012.  i'm going to be there.
i feel good about how they cast katniss.  she looks like how i imagined her.  i know that's a hard thing any time they turn a book into a movie... because it's hard to capture the character's essence and make them into a real person that fits everyone's expectations... but i think she looks like a katniss.
i know they said gale was good-looking in the books, but i don't think he should be so much cuter than peeta!! but i guess he looks serious and angsty so he'll probably be a great gale.
i know i shouldn't have a crush on a 17 year old boy from a young adult fiction book, but i just love peeta.  and we'll just have to see if he lives up to my expectations in the movie.  i guess i imagined him really big... because he's always protecting katniss.  but who knows?  maybe he'll be great and i'll love him, too.

anyway.  this was a super-dorky post.  but i am really excited about the movies coming out and very grateful to susan for letting me borrow all of her books!
now to find something new to read...

2 comments:

  1. I think I want to organize a visit around the movie so I can see it with you. I'm sure it'll still be cold then, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John read these books and really like them. He's pretty excited about the movie too. 2 people I really like, like the same thing, maybe I should read them too :)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers