Tuesday, November 1, 2011

72

I don't make a regular habit of blogging about pop culture... but this topic has kind of been knawing at me all day.



72 days. 
1) I don't know her situation. Sometimes people marry someone who isn't who they thought they married.  That happens, and I acknowledge that.  In certain cases I think it may be better to just walk away than suffer with it forever.
2) Why should she uphold any sort of standard?  I actually think I believe that marriage should strictly be a religious institution, and all others should just have civil unions... contracts that aren't made between two people and God... just with each other. 

But ugh! This really bothers me!  I think Kim got "wedding-ed" instead of married.  On the one hand, I am offended that she would take marriage so lightly... and put on a huge production and call it quits after 72 days.  What does that say about her?  And what does that say about (and to) the culture we live in.  Marriage is NOT easy.  It takes a lot of work and determination and it something that has boundaries and needs to be taken seriously.  What IS marriage?  What is a wife?  What is a husband?

I keep hearing over and over again that "the Kardashians are sticking together through this as a family"... but shouldn't her husband be included in "family" now?  At the very least at the same level as her sisters or mother?  Charlie told me they figured up that she made $10,000 a hour for this "weddiage". I don't know if it's true... but it makes me sick.  What a  mockery of such a sacred thing.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently when you put words between this <> they don't publish them. Good to know. I <3 the Kardashians.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers