Wednesday, August 31, 2011

what a great day!

we had the entire School of Public Health orientation this morning and then the Nutrition portion of the division of Community Health and Epidemiology this afternoon. It went well and we had a LOT of information thrown at us. after we were officially finished, my new friend Courtney and I decided to take the campus by storm and get a few needed things done. we trekked to the student union and made our ID cards.... she filled out info for a bus pass... and then we trekked over to the health center to make appointments to get our TB tests done. we're not allowed to start on our semester's field experiences until we do. It felt REALLY good to get some of the lingering things done. it also felt AWESOME to navigate the campus without too many issues. it's nice to have someone with you to discuses which direction you think things are in... and it seemed so much less intimidating. i also did NOT get another parking ticket today and actually found free parking. and i'm definitely getting more use to CRAZY big-city traffic. and then i rewarded myself with frenchfries :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're getting settled!! I hope your program is everything you hoped it would be. :) I still think we should meet halfway sometime!!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers