Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy 100th

 Contentment is the philosopher's stone, which turns all it

touches into gold; the poor man is rich with it and the rich
man is poor without it.


I actually cannot find a good quote source for this online, but I like
the quote anyhow.This past weekend we went to Arkansas for a
family reunion/my Great Aunt Josephine's 100th birthday party.
This was the quote chosen to honor her. It struck me because this
is how I want to live my life--in total contentment. I really believe
the rich can feel poor very easily when they are left always wanting
more. I also believe the poor can live very satisfying lives when
they appreciate everything they have. Yes, good quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers