Thursday, January 26, 2012

Peace

God's peace is so amazing.
I don't think there's a way to fully describe or quantify the affect if can have on you.  And I say quantify instead of qualify because I feel like there's a true tangible element to it.
When I found out I was going to Oklahoma for the summer, I started FREAKING OUT.  Like... crying all the time and my heart was beating uncontrollably, and I was shaky... and I physically felt my mind and body reacting to this very unwanted and unexpected thing.  And I hated my attitude about it.  I hated that I didn't feel peace and even that was confusing because I wasn't sure if that meant it was wrong and I should try to get out of it or if that meant I just didn't have enough faith to believe I would be put in the right spot.
But oh my goodness.  I feel exponentially better now.  Yes, there is a chance I'll get relocated back to Northern Minnesota (yay)!  But I even feel okay about letting go of that and just accepting what comes. It's maybe not what I perceive to be ideal (poor Charlie :( ), but... I can't describe it.  It's just the peace of God that transcends understanding.  
Nothing really changed... just praying, offering to God a sacrifice of praise... and letting go.
Thank you God! That is a MIRACLE if I've ever seen one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers