Monday, January 23, 2012

blogblogblog

i still haven't come up with a brilliant answer for the accomplishment i am most proud of or my career goals.  (i don't even know what i want to DO yet except love people.) but i need to get on that.  my application is due soon.

I'm really excited about some new projects I'm working on this year.  once a month I get to help with a neurodevelopment clinic helping (my adviser) with kids with autism-spectrum disorders. i am really looking forward to learning more about that... and it's amazing i get to tag along!  along those same lines, i may be applying for a fellowship for next year working with kids and families of neurodevelopmental delays.  amazing! (and it wouldn't hurt if it helped pay for schooool!)

in other news... we had to make the puppies throw up yesterday.  we ran to target, and when we came back, we found that rufus had devoured the entire contents of my purse. meds. med bottles. lotion caps. walnuts and craisins. maylox. an entire package of peanuts (entire meaning he ate the packaging, too.)  so i went into freakout mode since i didn't know what punkin had eaten... so we decided we had to make them both throw up.  enter hydrogen peroxide.  we gave them their doses and took them outside to run around and make it work!  punkin was the first to go.  but, turns out, she didn't eat anything from my purse.  so then we knew rufus had eaten like 30 ibuprofens and benadryls.  so we gave him more hydrogen peroxide.  still nothing.  so we brought him back inside (since we were freezing) and waited. and gave him more, and waited.  well. he's been throwing up since yesterday. everywhere.  yum! (who eats plastic?)

also. today. i had to drive in LOTS of snow for the first time.  it actually was kind of scary.  interstates had plenty of snow on them... i was slipping around a bit and spinning my tires.  but they do a pretty amazing job of clearing it all... by the time i headed home from the new field experience i have at a school it was all cleared on major roads! Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. I had to do that with Batman once. It took lots of peroxide (which I realized later had been years expired), lots of fighting, and lots of cleaning. Yuck. I'll never leave Easter candy in my closet again, promise.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers