Monday, November 21, 2011

first snow

i thought i was going to die today.  like really, actually die.

i had to drive my car on ice for the first time ever.  i sent charlie out on a test drive first.  it didn't help that when he came home, he squwinched up his face and said, "that was TERRIBLE" especially after it not going so well in his truck either.  and watching tons of cars in ditches. and them NOT PLOWING OR SALTING OUR STREET.

me=freaking out.  i cried a lot.
because i had class and a volunteer clinic thing tonight in minneapolis and charlie's working and wouldn't even be able to rescue me if i wrecked. and the snow wasn't melting and i felt incredibly lied to because everyone promised they keep the roads here so good.

so we went on a test drive and i slid all over the road.  it was scary and i cried some more. charlie put sandbags in the back of my car, and it didn't help. but he said it was helping.

so i left for my meeting tonight like 2 hours early. i prayed in tongues the whole way there.  and called the angelic hosts out of heaven to surround my tires.  because i was sure i was going to die.  and got there and hour and 45 minutes early. and then when i got to the church i was volunteering at they had, not one, but TWO open parallel parking places in a row (so my other biggest fear of parallel parking in the ice was also quelled). i may or may not have parked kind of in the middle of them.  whoops. and so sat in my car for a while.  and the cop they have on duty was positioned right by my car so i felt safe, too.

when my parents bought me my car 5 years ago he knew i would be driving it in minnesota winters.  when i got into school he wasn't surprised that i would have to drive that car around town to different functions in the ice and snow.

His grace is enough for me.  Thank you God, for letting me not die tonight :)

2 comments:

  1. scary!! I'm so glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it! Hopefully the first time is always the scariest, and next time will be better :)

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers