Friday, July 29, 2011

dream

i've fallen out of the blogosphere again. i hate it when i do that. i've been to grand isle 3 times in the last 3 weeks. this has been a most excellent grand isle year... i had only been a couple of times before this year because in summer of 2009 i was in arkansas throwing a wedding together and then the oil spill ruined last summer. so this summer has been really fun. charlie has introduced me to crabbing on a line and i LOVE it. love. it's really exciting to sit on the beach and talk and listen to the waves and then wade out into the water and anxiously await each bait line to see if we caught zero or 4 crabs. and if they're big or small. it's really fun. aaaaaaaand i'm also excited about putting up some crab meat for fancy special occasions. like seafood gumbo. when charlie and i need to thaw our bumbums out in minnesota.

i've had a couple of crazy dreams lately. one involved both my mom and i being pregnant at the same time... and giving birth at the same time. crazy, huh? i'm pretty sure it's just because both my mom (and dad) and me (and charlie) are all in transition right now... about to birth something new! although, i'm not going to lie. i realllly look forward to the day charlie and i get to start our family. i can wait for it.. it's not like i'm anxious for that day to be today or even this year... but i look forward to it. charlie is going to be such an excellent daddy... that makes me very happy.

(back to my dreams...) i also have a recurring nightmare about a man peering into my house (always a house i used to live in)... and as he's peering in i make eye contact with him and it's the scariest moment of my life. i've had the dream occur in each of the houses i've lived in except for the trailer. in this last one i apparently got really brave and started yelling at the man from our front door... and screaming downstairs for my dad to come help. my dad came up the stairs and we started chasing him (and his partner in crime) and when we caught up with them they grabbed both me and my dad and said, "it's too bad you caught us... now we're going to have to kill you" and pointed at a sink full of water. i woke up in a panic and sweat. i HATE that dream. and i don't really have an interpretation for why i have it over and over again... and why it scares me just as much as the first time i had it every time.

1 comment:

  1. Your dream about you and your mom being pregnant is already a movie :) Father of the Bride II.

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers