Wednesday, July 6, 2011

catchup

what a boring blogger i have been lately.

But not for lack of things to do!!

The Smith wedding in New Jersey was AWESOME.



to give you an idea, this is how the DJ introduced the new couple... he forced everyone to fling around their napkins to welcome them into the reception. and then he "forced" us to start dancing at 6:30 (right after supper) until 11. it was awesome. we had a really great time. It was probably the best wedding ever.

here's the only picture i got of them at the wedding? whoops. that's what photographers are for, i suppose. but they are just so in love... it was really sweet.

cutest ring-bearer ever.

and some of the JBU crew. (Jill... we need the full JBU picture!)

In all the craziness, I did not get a chance to honor my mama on her birthday!! Happy (Very) late birthday, mom! She and dad met me the day after her birthday in Minnesota to help me house-hunt while dad worked. This picture was from our last trip to Minnesota... we didn't get a chance to go back last week (to Minnehaha Falls), but hopefully Charlie and I will know of even more fun things to do by the time she/they come to visit again!

The week was a CRAZY hunt for a rent-house. We went into some VERY sketchy neighborhoods and looked at some very... interesting homes. And my mother was a constant cheerleader and source of positivity even when I was ready to quit or yell or pull my hair out. And it paid off!

Thanks, my beautiful mama, for being that sort of support for me... for listening to me and calmly reassuring me. I have learned so much from you about how important an attitude can be in any situation... and your boldness also challenges me to step out and not be afraid to present myself to people and to be myself always... I love you so much!


And then, after Charlie and I came home we had visitors come to stay! This is a 2.5 year old picture of Lexi, their youngest. I can't believe I have been in this family long enough to start watching babies grow up! It's fun! It was so good to see Rhett, Mel, and the kids... and to have a 4th of July fireworks party with them, the Vargus's, the BR Loups, and Nathan and Micah.

Things have been so busy, but all of it has been good. I'm kind of looking forward to maybe? hopefully? having a slooooow July/August before things take off at 100 mph again when we move and try to adjust to the Twin Cities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers