Sunday, July 17, 2011

deuce

i'm not ready for this week to start. they always go by really quickly... i'm just not ready for it.

i feel like everything continues to come together for our move. my adviser/who i will do work study for is also the lady who assigns me to all my field experiences and summer internships. she is also from Guatemala which i think is awesome because i imagine she will have some great insights into cross-cultural nutrition and the needs and challenges that come along with it. i also got a parking spot on the st paul campus and get to stay in st paul 2 days a week. awesome.

over the past couple of years i have questioned whether or not God cared about me. not in a general sense, because i know how much he loves us... but in a very personal way. probably a selfish way. i feel like with each step of this process of going back to school God has gone before me in such a way that i have no choice but to take it personally... i have no choice but to acknowledge His hand and His leading and His... unmistakable seal of purpose and plan for me. Thank you, God.

charlie and i are approaching our two year anniversary. 2 years. it's flown by. and i really appreciate how our relationship has grown. he is absolutely my best friend. sometimes i want to squeeze his little head off... but those moments are diffused by our hearts and lives being sown together into one life. there's no one i'd rather spend time with. there's no one i feel more at home with. there's no one who can make me laugh harder or smile more or be more honest than my husband. i can always find rest in his arms. it's almost scary to think about what 10 or 20 or 50 years of marriage will look like if you can learn so much about each other in 2. bring it on!


in other news... charlie and i saw him on ACL and really like it. this is GOOD country.

2 comments:

  1. The question of God loving us in a personal way is an age old one I guess. It's so hard to wrap your brain around something so big. Have you listened to the Gungor song, 'Beautiful Things'? Actually the whole album is awesome, very touching lyrics throughout the whole thing.
    I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that everything is falling into place for your move! I pray that God's hand would continue to go before you both. So excited for you and your second anniversary...I'm sure we'll be there before we know it. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers