Friday, December 12, 2014

28 weeks

I need to take a belly pic. People are starting to really comment that I look pregnant. It's kind of fun! I'm surprised that 1) I don't mind the attention, and 2) I don't mind when people touch my belly! I thought I would hate that. But I don't mind it.

The baby is moving a LOT. A lot a lot. Very active. I'm enjoying that quite a bit, too.

Pregnancy has been a most unusual season for me. It started off with morning sickness. Well, before that with a tiny bit of shock and awe. And then lots and lots of morning sickness and sleeping. And throwing up and sleeping. And not moving and sleeping. And gagging and sleeping. You get the gist. I thought it would never end, and I thought that I would never forget how terrible it was. Moms would say, "I know it doesn't feel like it, but the hardness of this time will be SO worth it, and you'll kind of forget how hard it was." I didn't believe them. And then around week 18 I started feeling better. About a month later, sure enough, the pain of the previous 3 months had already started to dissipate. And then I was happy and I could actually imagine having the baby and being able to take care of the baby.

And then. A season unlike any I've ever experienced. My dad said maybe it's a part of the curse. The curse put on the world when Adam and Eve sinned--that woman would bear pain with childbirth. And maybe the childbirth isn't just the physical act of giving birth, but the process of becoming a mom. The awesome--responsibility of being responsible for a LIFE! For bringing someone into the world and caring for them, and teaching them, and protecting them, and giving them your whole self. Giving up control. Giving up selfishness. Growing.

I've never pressed in to God so... relentlessly. It's been scary and terrifying and desperate. I know God says He uses the hard times--He can work all things for good--He will complete the work He's started in us--He uses the hard times as an entrance into our hearts. I know He uses the hard times to teach us how to depend on Him--to rely on Him--to pull closely to Him and cling on tightly.

He has placed people in my life to pray and encourage and stand with me. He's given me undeniable peace at strategic moments. I've never desired to be close to God more than now--to feel Him--to hear Him--to follow His leading. To  be FILLED with the spirit.

I know once again that, like morning sickness, healing will come. That there will come a day when I no longer remember the pain from this season. And then, as John 16:21 says, "It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labor. When her child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world." 

1 comment:

  1. Omg I love that last scripture! It's perfect. I was also reading one of the scriptures you put before that about him completing the good work he started and how I was trying to understand what that meant to me in my life..I'm still reading into it! But I can see how that scripture goes perfectly with being pregnant lol..anyway, I'M SO EXCITED FOR A BABY GIRL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers