Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

What else would I title a Thanksgiving-day post?

But it's true.  At our late-lunch, Charlie and I talked about what we're especially thankful for this year.  As opposed to last year, when Charlie was working for Cabella's (and had his self-proclaimed worst-day-of-his-life on Black Friday just last year), this year, he is thankful for his job and ALL the amazing things he's learned there.  Chickens.  Maple Syruping.  Raising honey bees.  Farming organically.  Making candles out of bee's wax.  Things started out rough for him when we moved here, but he's thriving now.  Thank you, God.

And for me... where do I start?  Gosh.  Just a few weeks ago, I wasn't sure if I would make it through my program.  I honestly thought I might fail out of school.  But now, thanks to God, I'm feeling better.  And ohmygosh.  My professors and advisor and friends from school just amazed me with their grace toward me in extending deadlines and taking notes for me when I missed class.  Somehow,  amidst all of that, I got offered another teaching assistantship for next year.  Only God.  And having a happy husband... and my two furry babies... and getting to go home for a month... I am so blessed.

A friend recently said that she wished the year started with Thanksgiving.  It does make a lot of sense... to start the year putting yourself in your place... realizing everything you have and everything you've been given. But at least this is how we start the Holidays.  Thanksgiving leads into the Christmas season which leads into the New Year.  Yes, it's a good time to reflect and start preparing our hearts for the greatest reason of all we have to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers