Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hearts

Well, I have sure been quite an absent blogger lately.

My heart is so heavy today.  This morning, three of the people closest to me texted me very, very sad things.  Charlie let me know that the secretary/administrator for the Horticulture department at LSU just passed away.  Charlie was very close to her... she was a kind, vivacious lady.  He was going to visit her this winter break to catch up and see her.  Life is so finite.

Two other of my besties also texted me really hard things.  It's so hard to watch people you love struggle and get hurt by people who are careless with others' hearts.




So this music video is a little strange, but I like the concept.  Who do you think you are, running 'round leaving scars? Collecting your jar of hearts? Tearing love apart?

Thank you, God for being our security, our identity, and our comfort when bad things happen.


Ephesians 6:10-18 (The Message)
God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we’ll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.
13-18 Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers