Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Decision 2012

I feel like since my blog is my time capsule I should write about the election last night.  Wow.  What an incredibly charged topic!  I have read some really hurtful things from both sides... I have also read some really inspiring things from both sides.

I think that's my problem, though.  I hate the whole "sides" thing.  It really presents such an "us versus them" mentality that I don't think is even close to being healthy.  I think having two parties is healthy... I think balance is always good... but I can't stand hearing people call people in the "other" group ignorant, lazy, stupid, or racist.  (Or un-Christian).  (I don't like that either).

We have to pull together and work together.  If only the Church would be the leader and example on how to do that.  If only we actually took care of the poor instead of pointing fingers at them.  If only we truly lived out our "pro-life" stance throughout ALL of life (meaning: life doesn't end when a baby is born.  He or she needs a home, love, nourishment (of all sorts), guidance and access to health and education until they die).  If only we didn't believe in the death penalty.  (How many second-chances has God given you?)

Obama got re-elected last night against Mitt Romney.  Let's pray for him.  Let's pray the church can rise up and be the Church that represents a God who is so full of compassion and mercy and healing and non-judgment.  No, he's not going to be a perfect leader.  But he IS our leader for the next 4 years.

Loup-family Watch-party on the air mattress in our living room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers