Sunday, April 13, 2014

tomorrow's monday.

again/already.

i mowed both of our yards today. i think it probably took me a total of 3 hours. i think. i started the big yard around 1:30--and finished the false river lot at 5. that's a lot of mowing and i have the sun burn to prove it.

and i had twigs in my hair. and a centimeter of grime of my back. that made me feel even more legit.

then i got to catch up with a dear friend :)

and i made a stir fry tonight with green onions, swiss chard, edamame and quinoa. it was quite tasty! i flavored it with sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, and cayenne. i forgot the carrots! i think carrots would have been good in it.

May is national foster care and adoption month. i'm going to see if my pastor will let me put up a table at church with all of the children in our region who are available for adoption. (i can't take credit for the idea--our "mother" church in baton rouge has a ministry focused on this year-round). but i'm excited. i'm not sure that now is our time to start fostering, but it's something i feel so strongly about--i need to get involved somehow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers