Tuesday, September 24, 2013

last one...

Just an update. Last Friday I took and passed my RD boards! It's a great feeling. A really great feeling.

Now I just need to get all the rest of my paperwork filed and I can start work! Which is very exciting. I'm ready to start living here! You know? I guess I'm taking this week as a little bit of a vacation, but I just want to start making our life here. I want to work and be involved in a church and KNOW people I go to church with and start building relationships and... all of that. If I'm going to live here I want to LIVE here!

We struck out at church a couple of weeks ago, but went to one we really liked on Sunday. We can both see ourselves going there and being involved there. It's out of New Roads, but there are two small groups that meet in New Roads. (That means there are other Christians here :))

We're also feeling settled into Glynnwood, including getting the mouse issue under control :) There's a lot of mice who have made this their home. Yep.It's fun living here. Much less creepy than you'd think. And it's beautiful!

Yay! I passed! I'm an RD!

EDIT: I just have to add to this one since Charlie already made crazy eyes at me for posting so much today. I'm just really happy right now.

I cleaned out the broom closet and front-entry-way dresser today. 
We put up more fall decorations, including a lovely fall wreath on the front door.
I blogged for the first time in a looong time (obviously).
I dug out an amazing old piece of art (huge.) from the attic. and hung it up. And it's amazing.
I made a corgi craft!! I'll post pictures later. Once Charlie figures out how to hang it.
Charlie also finished making our towl rack hanger for the bathroom.

it's just been such a lovely, productive day! 
(And I'm an RD :))

1 comment:

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers