Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In Search of the Holy Spirit

My mind is being blown by Brennan Manning.

"Confronted with the radical demands of the Christian commitment, our natural response is fear, anguish, insecurity. But confronted with the lived truth of God's enveloping love, insecurity is swallowed up in the security of agape, anguish gives place to hope, fear to desire. The Christian has become aware that God's appeal for unlimited generosity from his People has been preceded from his side by limitless love, a love so intent upon a response that he has empowered us to respond through the gift of his own Holy Spirit."

-from Prophets and Lovers--In Search of the Holy Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Loups

My photo
My best friend Charlie and I moved from the deep South to the great North for me to go to graduate school at the University of Minnesota. I earned a Masters Degree in Public Health Nutrition and Dietetics, and we've moved back to Louisiana. I'm a dietitian who wants to help people improve their quality of life through healthy eating! We love adventures, traveling, food and family. We have two dogs: our corgi Punkin and our lab goofy Rufus. We are very blessed to be in love and to walk through life together!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Blog Archive

Followers